* [Caml-list] ACKERMANN AWARD 2020: Deadline for nominations postponed to July 1, 2020
@ 2020-03-18 15:08 EACSL Mail-Account
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: EACSL Mail-Account @ 2020-03-18 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: Thomas Schwentick
ACKERMANN AWARD 2020 - THE EACSL OUTSTANDING DISSERTATION AWARD FOR
LOGIC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
*** Due to the current health situation, the submission deadline for nominations has been postponed to July, 1. ***
PhD dissertations in topics specified by the CSL and LICS conferences,
which were formally accepted as PhD theses at a university or
equivalent institution between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2019 are eligible for nomination for the award.
The new deadline for submission is 1 July 2020. Submission details follow below.
*** The Award
The 2020 Ackermann award will be presented to the recipient(s) at CSL 21, the annual conference of the EACSL, in Ljubljana, January 25-28, 2021.
The award consists of
* a certificate,
* an invitation to present the thesis at the CSL conference,
* the publication of the laudatio in the CSL proceedings,
* an invitation to the winner to publish the thesis in the FoLLI subseries of Springer LNCS, and
* financial support to attend the conference.
The jury is entitled to give the award to more (or less) than one
dissertation in a year.
*** The Jury
The jury consists of:
* Christel Baier (TU Dresden);
* Michael Benedikt (Oxford University);
* Mikolaj Bojanczyk (University of Warsaw);
* Jean Goubault-Larrecq (ENS Paris-Saclay);
* Prakash Panangaden (McGill University);
* Simona Ronchi Della Rocca (University of Torino), the vice-president of EACSL;
* Thomas Schwentick (TU Dortmund) , the president of EACSL;
* Alexandra Silva, (University College London), ACM SigLog representative.
*** How to submit
The candidate or his/her supervisor should submit
1. the thesis (ps or pdf file);
2. a detailed description (not longer than 20 pages) of the thesis
in ENGLISH (ps or pdf file);
3. a supporting letter by the PhD advisor and two supporting letters
by other senior researchers (in English);
supporting letters can also be sent directly to Thomas Schwentick
4. a short CV of the candidate;
5. a copy of the document asserting that the thesis was accepted as
a PhD thesis at a recognized University (or equivalent institution) and
that the candidate has received his/her PhD within the specified period.
The submission should be sent by e-mail as attachments to the chair of
the jury, Thomas Schwentick: firstname.lastname@example.org
The e-mail should have the following subject line and text:
* Subject: Ackermann Award 20 Submission
* Text: Name of candidate, list of attachments
Submissions can be sent via several e-mail messages. If this is the case,
please indicate it in the text.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-03-18 15:08 [Caml-list] ACKERMANN AWARD 2020: Deadline for nominations postponed to July 1, 2020 EACSL Mail-Account
caml-list - the Caml user's mailing list
Archives are clonable:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.vuxu.org/caml-list
git clone --mirror https://inbox.ocaml.org/caml-list
Example config snippet for mirrors
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git