* [Caml-list] OCaml-4.02.1 on windows XP
@ 2014-12-01 10:27 Alain Coste
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Alain Coste @ 2014-12-01 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello
My OS is windows XP SP3.
Two years ago, I installed OCaml.4.00.1 from the source code distribution,
using MinGW Cygwin. Everything worked fine.
Yesterday I tried to install OCaml.4.02.1 in the same conditions (source
code,MinGW Cygwin).
The process seems to be exactly the same, following README.win32 (except for
the variable TK_ROOT in Makefile, no longer pertinent).
The system build with no fatal error. I got some (many!) warnings, but as I
remember, it was the same with version 4.00.1.
But, when I tried to launch ocaml.exe I got the message:

D:\OCaml-4.02.1-mgw-perso\bin>ocaml.exe
        OCaml version 4.02.1

Fatal error: exception Cmi_format.Error(_)

The exception Error is not listed (at least for the module Cmi_format) in
the index of exceptions of the manual. Perhaps a problem of Dynamic link,
but I don't know what to do.
And there is no description associated with the exception!
A search on the Web didn't give me informations I could understand.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Alain Coste

---