When I wanted this (connectivity by a somewhat low-bandwidth connection), I solved the problem by running a little local HTTP proxy, solely for opam. Basically, I ran http-replicator with its cache in my $HOME/tmp directory, and then set the "http_proxy" environment variable (in the same rc-file where I sourced opam env) Worked a treat, and simple to setup. On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 9:55 AM Soegtrop, Michael < michael.soegtrop@intel.com> wrote: > Dear Opam Team, > > > > I am working on scripts to automatically setup a Cygwin MinGW cross based > development environment for Coq developers on Windows and for testing these > scripts I have to reinstall Cygwin and opam frequently. I wonder if I could > spare the downloads by specifying a common download cache folder somewhere > outside of my Cygwin and .opam folders. Is there an option for this or > could I e.g. symlink the download folder somewhere or does opam keep and > index of what is in the download cache folder so that sharing won’t work? > > > > Best regards, > > > > Michael > > Intel Deutschland GmbH > Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany > Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de > Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw > Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Nicole Lau > Registered Office: Munich > Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928 >