2012/10/30 Anton Lavrik > On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Oliver Bandel > wrote: > > > > Am 30.10.2012 um 07:12 schrieb Anton Lavrik : > > > >> The biggest inconvenience with .mli files as I see it is that I have > >> to repeat myself and make related but slightly different changes in > >> two places when I change a module implementation. I would very much > >> prefer to declare and document public interfaces next to the > >> implementation and have language tooling take care of separate > >> compilation and documentation generation. > > > > > > ocamlc -i > > is your friend... > > "ocamlc -i" is useful, but it can't distinguish between public and > private interfaces and it wouldn't be helpful for generating > documentation. > > I don't think it's meant to be. It's just a tool to get a first draft, and it's up to the developer to edit it afterward if necessary. didier