It's just that when you look up the label you get a list in reverse order: last one first. Would it be really clearer to reverse it at again when printing? Jacques 2013/03/13 2:08 "Gabriel Scherer" : > Also on the new warning (thanks for the quick change!): I find it a > bit strange that the message gives a list of possibilities then says > "The first one was selected", while in my mental model the *last* > declared type is chosen by default. I don't know if it's actually > possible to list types by declaration order (levels?), but maybe you > could at least arrange so that the selected one appears last? Or at > least you could reword into "The last declaration of this field has > type M.t, but types M.u and N.t would also be valid". > > On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Jacques Carette > wrote: > > On 13-03-12 11:05 AM, Jacques Garrigue wrote: > >> > >> I have improved the warning (revision 13395), so that it tells you the > >> types involved. This should actually help in some hairy situations. > > > > > > Would it also make sense to give the fully qualified names for the > ambiguous > > fields? This should also give a strong hint as to where the conflict > comes > > from. > > > > (another) Jacques > > > > > > > > -- > > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >