* [Caml-list] [ANN] Release 2.8.3 of Caph, a functional/dataflow language for programming FPGAs
@ 2017-07-23  9:52 Jocelyn Sérot
From: Jocelyn Sérot @ 2017-07-23  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Ocaml users,

It is my pleasure to announce the latest release (2.8.3) of CAPH, a domain-specific language relying on the dataflow model of computation  for describing and implementing stream-processing applications. CAPH can simulate dataflow programs, generate cycle-accurate SystemC and synthetizable VHDL code for implementation on reconfigurable hardware such as FPGAs.

CAPH has a strong functional inspiration : dataflow networks are described using a purely functional, higher-order formalism and the definition of actor behavior relies on a pattern matching similar to that used for defining functions in functional languages. CAPH is also equipped with a rich type system with sized-integers, booleans, floats, fully polymorphic algebraic data types and dependent types.

And, of course, CAPH is entirely written in OCaml ;)

Documentation, examples and release (both source code and pre-compiled binary version for Windows and MacOS) can be found here :

http://caph.univ-bpclermont.fr/CAPH/CAPH.html

Cheers

JS

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Release 2.8.3 of Caph, a functional/dataflow language for programming FPGAs
@ 2017-08-26 14:23 ` Eray Ozkural
From: Eray Ozkural @ 2017-08-26 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)