Yeah, that's what someone had mentioned on another forum. I had also mentioned there that passing the -ccopt -shared works, and it's my current plan of attack. I wish I could get ride of -cc, but it's necessary for x-compiling and (semi-necessary) for mpi. Thanks for your help though. On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Stéphane Glondu wrote: > On 12/08/2011 02:11 PM, Nicholas Lucaroni wrote: > > From ocamlbuild, possibly from my plugin for it, but I should be able to > > set cc and shared? They don't seem like mutually exclusive options. > > It works if you add -cc "gcc -shared", or -ccopt -shared. Looking at > call_linker in utils/ccomp.ml, it seems to be by design: the command to > link executables and the command to link plugins are two different > variables, that are both overridden by the -cc option. > > I suggest you to add -ccopt -shared when linking a plugin in your > myocamlbuild.ml (or not using -cc at all). > > > Cheers, > > -- > Stéphane >