From: Jeremie Dimino <jeremie@dimino.org>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] The vmthreads library is deprecated in OCaml 4.08
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 15:55:07 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear OCaml users,

I just wanted to bring your attention to the fact that the vmthreads
library is deprecated in the upcoming OCaml 4.08 release. This library
provides user-level threads for bytecode applications. We do not
believe this library is still actively used. Additionally, several
widely used alternatives exist, such as the Lwt [1] or Async [2]
libraries. As a result, we decided to deprecate and then delete it
from the compiler distribution in order to simplify its maintenance.

Note that the threads library, which provides support for system
threads is still present and actively supported.

Thanks,

Jeremie

[1] https://github.com/ocsigen/lwt
[2] https://github.com/janestreet/async