* [Caml-list] #show giving funny types
@ 2015-05-07 19:19 Malcolm Matalka
From: Malcolm Matalka @ 2015-05-07 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm poking around in the toplevel and noticed that some types are coming
out funny.  In particular 'int' is being shown as
'UnixLabels.file_perm'.

For example doing "#show Async_unix.Reader;;" in utop gives me an output
with:

    val really_read :
      t ->
      ?pos:UnixLabels.file_perm ->
      ?len:UnixLabels.file_perm -> Arg.usage_msg -> [ `Eof of
      UnixLabels.file_perm | `Ok ] Async_kernel.Deferred.t

I'm not sure if I've missed this in the list, but is anyone else
experiencing this?

/Malcolm

* Re: [Caml-list] #show giving funny types
@ 2015-05-08 11:13 ` Jeremy Yallop
From: Jeremy Yallop @ 2015-05-08 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Malcolm Matalka; +Cc: Caml List

On 7 May 2015 at 20:19, Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm poking around in the toplevel and noticed that some types are coming
> out funny.  In particular 'int' is being shown as
> 'UnixLabels.file_perm'.
>
> For example doing "#show Async_unix.Reader;;" in utop gives me an output
> with:
>
>     val really_read :
>       t ->
>       ?pos:UnixLabels.file_perm ->
>       ?len:UnixLabels.file_perm -> Arg.usage_msg -> [ `Eof of
>       UnixLabels.file_perm | `Ok ] Async_kernel.Deferred.t
>
> I'm not sure if I've missed this in the list, but is anyone else
> experiencing this?

This looks like a problem with the -short-paths option.  Could you
open a Mantis ticket?

* Re: [Caml-list] #show giving funny types
@ 2015-05-11 11:10   ` David Sheets
From: David Sheets @ 2015-05-11 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Yallop; +Cc: Malcolm Matalka, Caml List

I believe this was PR 6763 <http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=6763>.