* [Caml-list] OCaml 3.00 compatibility
@ 2012-05-20 20:43 Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2012-05-20 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

I'm trying to resurrect an old OCaml code base that appears to be written
against OCaml 3.00. The Windows installers for OCaml 3.00 and 3.01 don't run
on this machine. I've managed to compile it using OCaml 3.12 but the output
doesn't seem to be what is expected so I'm guessing it's a backward
compatibility issue.

What changes have broken backward compatibility since OCaml 3.00 (in 2000)
and when were they brought in?

I remember something about equality and floating point numbers...

http://www.ffconsultancy.com

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml 3.00 compatibility
@ 2012-05-21  7:15 ` Raphael Proust
From: Raphael Proust @ 2012-05-21  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Harrop; +Cc: Caml List

Changes are listed here
http://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-3.12/notes/Changes (they go
back well before 3.00).

Changes breaking backward compatibility are marked with a '*' (as
explained in the document). There is mention of NaN handling and
exceptions in invalid accesses for strings and arrays.

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to resurrect an old OCaml code base that appears to be written
> against OCaml 3.00. The Windows installers for OCaml 3.00 and 3.01 don't run
> on this machine. I've managed to compile it using OCaml 3.12 but the output
> doesn't seem to be what is expected so I'm guessing it's a backward
> compatibility issue.
>
> What changes have broken backward compatibility since OCaml 3.00 (in 2000)
> and when were they brought in?
>
> I remember something about equality and floating point numbers...
>
> --
> Dr Jon Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy Ltd.
> http://www.ffconsultancy.com
>

> --

_______
Raphael