* [Caml-list] updating opam
@ 2013-03-01 11:41 manu delab
From: manu delab @ 2013-03-01 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

Is there a way to update one's version of opam, without having to delete
.opam folder (and having to recompile again compilers and packages) ?

Thanks

* Re: [Caml-list] updating opam
@ 2013-03-01 11:46 ` Raphael Proust
From: Raphael Proust @ 2013-03-01 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manu delab; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM, manu delab <manu.delab@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to update one's version of opam, without having to delete
> .opam folder (and having to recompile again compilers and packages) ?

For all the updates I did, I simply updated the opam program (via
Archlinux's AUR package). The new version of opam just used the old
.opam directory transparently.

Did you try not deleting your .opam?
Does your opam binary live in your .opam? (And if so, you should
consider moving it.)
Did you experience any specific bug when not deleting .opam?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Proust