Hi Yaron, I have just updated it so that it expands manifest types. It is a dirty hack but "split : string -> char -> string list" lists up Core.Std.String.Escaping.split. There are still lots of things to do before it becomes as powerful as Hoogle is, but so far, I am working on its speed and size rather than search quality. Jun On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Yaron Minsky wrote: > Neat! > > I played with it for a bit, and the main issue it saw with it is the > trickiness around type names for things like string. For example, to find > core or batteries' string split function, you need to search for > > t -> char -> t list > > Rather than > > string -> char -> string list > > Which finds ocplib's equivalent, and the Core.Std.String.Escaping version > as well. > > Fill on unification doesn't seem ideal, but I wonder if some ability to > recognize equivalent type names can be done without full-on search time > unification. > On Jul 5, 2013 5:12 AM, "Jun Furuse" wrote: > >> Hi list, >> >> I have launched a new OCaml API search, OCaml◎Scope at >> http://ocamloscope.herokuapp.com . >> >> OCaml◎Scope is a type directed library search, derived work from OCaml >> API Search by Mizuno and its ancestor OCamlBrowser by Garrigue. It is also >> inspired from Hoogle, the same API search engine for Haskell by MItchell, >> which I regularly use in my Haskell :-) job. >> >> * Fast and Portable. It loads everything in memory, unlike OCaml API >> Search and OCamlBrowser which load compiled interface files (*.cmi) >> dynamically. The data file is extracted from compiled files but >> self-contained, so the search engine does not require to compile the >> libraries locally. >> * No use of unification but edit distance of types like Hoogle. >> Unification does not provide good results in type directed search, and is >> costy. >> * OCamlFind and OPAM friendly. OCaml◎Scope knows which items are from >> which OCamlFind and OPAM packages. >> * OCamlDoc: it also extracts OCamlDoc comments, if possible. >> * Small: it can even run as a heroku app. Currently it carries 245k >> entries from 76 OCamlFind packages including Core and Batteries, but the >> data file (as a marshalled OCaml value) is still 20Mb. >> >> There are lots of todos but I think the search results look well sane so >> far. If you find something strange please drop by >> https://bitbucket.org/camlspotter/ocamloscope-server/issues?status=new&status=open and >> leave some comments. Thanks! >> >> Jun Furuse >> >>