As a shameless plug, I'll point out something I wrote several years ago just for doing ad-hoc compilation (not building distributions), called obake: https://github.com/pgroves/obake I use it often as it matches my workflow precisely. I doubt I'll put much more work into it unless there is demand. The documentation is decent but it has poor performance on large code bases. It depends on ocamlfind already being configured to resolve dependencies. On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Francois Berenger wrote: > On 07/26/2013 05:03 AM, Adrien Nader wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I believe this entry on the bugtracker is worth mentionning: >> "ocamlbuild should expose common interface as a library" >> http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/**view.php?id=5869 >> >> More generally, ocamlbuild's development was mostly stalled but has >> restarted recently. This should allow fixing many issues and >> shortcomings. >> > > There is not only ocamlbuild! > > I would love to see projects such as obuild: > > https://github.com/vincenthz/**obuild > > come out of the woods (like an official release announce if it is > ready for mass consumption) and become the de facto gold standard. > > PS: even OCamlPro have written a tool to replace ocamlbuild > (ocp-build)... > > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/**arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/**ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-**bugs >