It may also be worth having a look at this library https://github.com/andrenth/ocaml-uint On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 2:40 AM, Keiko Nakata wrote: > On Andreas Rossberg wrote: > >> On Keiko Nakata wrote: >> > Why do you not make your unsigned int64 an abstract type (to make sure >> singed and unsigned int64 won't be mixed up)? >> >> Well, because that wouldn’t match the design being implemented there. For >> an assembly-like language, you don’t want to factor that way. For other >> purposes a separate ADT would make a lot of sense, of course. In any case, >> I was only pointing to this for the implementation of individual operators, >> not necessarily for the module as a whole. >> > > Sure, I was just curious. > > I'll play around with your library. I am porting some low level C++ code > to OCaml. Thanks! > > > Best regards, > Keiko >