* Fwd: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] ocurl forked and 0.5.4 released
       [not found] <CABqmBnEbe6KovqYx+W_wG76R7w9bkHRiWMrJrGenzuESfPuq1Q@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2013-02-02 19:59 ` Vincent B.
From: Vincent B. @ 2013-02-02 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] ocurl forked and 0.5.4 released
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 14:29:58 -0500
From: Lars Nilsson <chamaeleon@gmail.com>
To: Vincent B. <vb@vb.fdn.fr>

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Vincent B. <vb@vb.fdn.fr> wrote:

> On 31/01/2013 10:21, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>>
>> Can you tell us why you need to fork ocurl? Why not continue the original
>> project?
>>
>> And if you must fork then please change the name so the two don't get
>> confused.
>>
>> MfG
>>         Goswin
>

> Hi,
>
> This fork started as I (on behalf of the OPAM team) asked for a fork of ocurl to include in OPAM since the original ocurl has not been updated for a long time, and is not compiling anymore out of the box, at least on recent versions of OCaml. Moreover as ygrek said, his version accumulates lots of bugfixes meant to be integrated into the official branch for a long time already, that could not make it because the original author did not answer at all.
>
> The need of a fork arises from what is mentionned before, mostly the original author being unreachable and the changes accumulating too much to be kept as separate patches.
>
> As for changing the name, I would personally not do it since it is a rightful continuation of the ocurl project (and is backward compatible). I’m suggesting to wait for the original ocurl author to reappear to see if we can finally merge the changes.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vincent

I have no problem with this fork, or the name remaining the same. I
have not used OCaml in a long time and people more active than me
probably are better at taking care of it at this point.

Lars Nilsson

* Re: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] ocurl forked and 0.5.4 released
@ 2013-02-02 20:22   ` Lars Nilsson
From: Lars Nilsson @ 2013-02-02 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent B.; +Cc: caml-list

Reply vs Reply All miss by me. Sorry, Vincent.

Lars Nilsson