* [Caml-list] Adding ttk (tile tk) bindings to labltk
@ 2013-10-03  9:45 Tim Cuthbertson
From: Tim Cuthbertson @ 2013-10-03  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I've started learning ocaml and TK at the same time, just to make things
fun ;)

I'm using labltk, initially via my OS package (fedora). I've built a
plausible GUI to play around with so far, but then I noticed that there was
no support for the progressbar widget [1], so I thought I'd see if I could
add it.

http://www.tkdocs.com/tutorial/morewidgets.html#progressbar

After fumbling through the labltk sources and getting ocamlbuild to use my
local version, I got something that compiles and runs. Unfortunately, when
creating a progressbar I get:
> Fatal error: exception Protocol.TkError("invalid command name
"progressbar"")

Looking closer at [1], the progressbar is actually part of ttk (tiled tk),
not regular tk. I'm assuming this is why it can't be found as a toplevel
command.

The main source code for labltk (widgets.src) is fairly abstract, and
doesn't present any obvious control over namespacing. It also doesn't look
like there are any other ttk bindings in there, so I've got nothing to base
it off.

Does anyone know if it's possible to add ttk widgets to labltk? Is there a
library other than labltk that I should be using for ttk?

Also, is there somewhere more specific I should ask / send patches? Or is
labltk just part of ocaml core in terms of how the project is managed?

Thanks,
 - Tim Cuthbertson.