Dear caml-list, I have been annoyed by a feature I was not quite familiar with, as I had compiled a library with the -custom option and was oblivious to the fact that the option would be passed to client code of that library, resulting in a "custom runtime" for any program linking to that library. Now, I am under the impression that the ocaml 4.00 debugger can load such custom runtime executables, while my ocaml 3.12 debugger does not like them: "... is not a bytecode file.". I did not find this mentioned in the 4.00 changelog though. And looking at the manual for 3.12 makes it look as if it should have been able to load such files: http://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-3.12/ocaml-3.12-refman.html#htoc199 "Rarely useful; moreover it prevents the debugging of programs compiled in “custom runtime” mode." I would therefore be interested in knowing whether ocaml 3.12 debugger should have been able to debug such custom runtime, and if so, why did I get this error? - Valentin