* [Caml-list] New Book: OCaml from the Very Beginning
@ 2013-06-10  9:37 John Whitington
From: John Whitington @ 2013-06-10  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Hi,

I've written a concise but self-contained introduction to writing
computer programs with OCaml, suitable for the talented beginner to
programming, or someone trying functional programming or OCaml for the
first time.

On your local Amazon: http://asin.info/a/0957671105

E-book: http://www.ocaml-book.com

Sample chapters also at http://www.ocaml-book.com

Thanks to all those who reviewed and proof-read earlier drafts.

Reviews on Amazon are always very useful - my understanding is that if
you have an amazon account, you can review the book based on having read
the e-book, without buying a printed copy. Do please consider adding a
review, especially if you like the book!

With Thanks,

--
John Whitington
Director, Coherent Graphics Ltd

* Re: [Caml-list] New Book: OCaml from the Very Beginning
@ 2013-06-10  9:39 ` John Whitington
From: John Whitington @ 2013-06-10  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Hi,

John Whitington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written a concise but self-contained introduction to writing
> computer programs with OCaml, suitable for the talented beginner to
> programming, or someone trying functional programming or OCaml for the
> first time.
>
> On your local Amazon: http://asin.info/a/0957671105

Oh, please ignore the fact that amazon.fr thinks it's only 20 pages long
-- it seems not all the data has quite propagated to France yet :-)

With Thanks,

--

@ 2013-06-10 12:27 ` David MENTRE
From: David MENTRE @ 2013-06-10 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Whitington; +Cc: caml users

Hello,

2013/6/10 John Whitington <john@coherentgraphics.co.uk>:
> Sample chapters also at http://www.ocaml-book.com

I'm getting errors (14 then 15) and only a blank page when opening the
Front matter PDF file (http://ocaml-book.com/s/FrontMatter.pdf) with
Acrobat 10.1.7. Same issue for Chapter1.pdf and Chpater2.pdf.

Best regards,
david

* Re: [Caml-list] New Book: OCaml from the Very Beginning
@ 2013-06-10 12:29   ` John Whitington
From: John Whitington @ 2013-06-10 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David MENTRE; +Cc: caml users

Hi,

David MENTRE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2013/6/10 John Whitington<john@coherentgraphics.co.uk>:
>> Sample chapters also at http://www.ocaml-book.com
>
> I'm getting errors (14 then 15) and only a blank page when opening the
> Front matter PDF file (http://ocaml-book.com/s/FrontMatter.pdf) with
> Acrobat 10.1.7. Same issue for Chapter1.pdf and Chpater2.pdf.

I'll regenerate them; I've got out of the habit of using Acrobat in
favour of Preview, so I didn't check the LaTeX outputs of page ranges...

With Thanks,

--

@ 2013-06-10 12:44     ` John Whitington
From: John Whitington @ 2013-06-10 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David MENTRE; +Cc: caml users

Hi,

John Whitington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> David MENTRE wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> 2013/6/10 John Whitington<john@coherentgraphics.co.uk>:
>>> Sample chapters also at http://www.ocaml-book.com
>>
>> I'm getting errors (14 then 15) and only a blank page when opening the
>> Front matter PDF file (http://ocaml-book.com/s/FrontMatter.pdf) with
>> Acrobat 10.1.7. Same issue for Chapter1.pdf and Chpater2.pdf.
>
> I'll regenerate them; I've got out of the habit of using Acrobat in
> favour of Preview, so I didn't check the LaTeX outputs of page ranges...

These should be fixed now - I've given them new names so as not to
confuse your cache too.

Thanks,

--

@ 2013-06-10 12:57       ` David MENTRE
From: David MENTRE @ 2013-06-10 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Whitington; +Cc: caml users

Hello,

2013/6/10 John Whitington <john@coherentgraphics.co.uk>:
> These should be fixed now - I've given them new names so as not to confuse
> your cache too.

It works!

Thanks,
d.