From: Yaron Minsky <yminsky@janestreet.com>
To: Jun Furuse <jun.furuse@gmail.com>
Cc: caml-list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] OCamlOScope: a new OCaml API search
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 06:25:41 +0300	[thread overview]

Neat!

I played with it for a bit, and the main issue it saw with it is the
trickiness around type names for things like string.  For example, to find
core or batteries' string split function, you need to search for

t -> char -> t list

Rather than

string -> char -> string list

Which finds ocplib's equivalent, and the Core.Std.String.Escaping version
as well.

Fill on unification doesn't seem ideal, but I wonder if some ability to
recognize equivalent type names can be done without full-on search time
unification.