From: Yaron Minsky <yminsky@janestreet.com>
To: Anthony Tavener <anthony.tavener@gmail.com>
Cc: "caml-list@inria.fr" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Heterogeneous dictionary
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 21:29:01 -0400	[thread overview]

Have you looked at Univ_map in Core?  It has the same problem you're
complaining about, in that the keys do need to be tied to the type of
the data stored under that key.  You then of course need to stash the
key somewhere.  But I'm not sure what problem that creates.  In
particular, I don't know why this creates a bottleneck of type
dependencies.  Each Univ_map.Key.t is created independently, and can
be created at any point in the code.