* [Caml-list] Unix.truncate for Windows
@ 2018-07-25  9:59 Florent Monnier
From: Florent Monnier @ 2018-07-25  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I wrote some stub code for the function Unix.truncate for Windows:

https://github.com/fccm/ocaml_unix_truncate_win32

I mainly found the code from Rosettacode:
https://rosettacode.org/wiki/Truncate_a_file#Windows

Now I would like to know if the upstream would be interested to get
this code included?
If yes, what's next? should I try to make the change to ocaml's git (I
would need some help then) or some upstream developer will do the job?

Regards
Florent Monnier

* Re: [Caml-list] Unix.truncate for Windows
@ 2018-07-25 10:35 ` Nicolás Ojeda Bär
From: Nicolás Ojeda Bär @ 2018-07-25 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Florent,

Yes, it would be a nice to fill out the Windows implementation of Unix.truncate!

Best would be if you could open a PR to the official OCaml repository at

  https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml

General guidelines about the procedure are available at:

  https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/blob/trunk/CONTRIBUTING.md

If you need any help with the mechanics of this or modifying the
compiler source code, I will be happy to lend you a hand, just let me
know.

Best wishes,
Nicolás