Whoops. The link to the post on Async was busted, but it is now fixed. On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Yaron Minsky wrote: > Jane Street is looking to hire functional programmers for our offices > in New York, London and Hong Kong. We're looking for both interns for > this upcoming summer as well as full-time hires. > > Jane Street has the largest team of OCaml developers in any industrial > setting, and probably the world's largest OCaml codebase. We use OCaml > for running our entire business, supporting everything from > statistical research to systems administration to automated trading > systems. If you're interested in using OCaml to solve real-world > problems, there's no better place. > > Jane Street has (in my humble opinion) a great work environment. It > has a very informal feel --- if you dress much nicer than a t-shirt in > jeans, you'll look out of place --- but it's also an intellectually > challenging place where you get to wrestle with hard problems and > learn about the subject matter of trading, a fascinating field in its > own right. There's also a strong focus on education, with both on the > job training and a system of formal classes. > > We also have a strong commitment to OCaml and to open-source software. > We released our Core suite of libraries a few years back, and we > continue to extend the reach of our public releases. And we have and > will continue to financially support projects to improve the OCaml > ecosystem. > > Compensation is more than competitive, and no prior experience with > finance is required. > > Here are some resources you can use to learn more about Jane Street > and what we do. > > - A talk I gave at CMU about how and why we use OCaml > > - Our technical blog: > > If you want to get a flavor of our approach to software, you might be > interested in looking at Async, a monadic concurrency library we just > released: > > http://ocaml.janestreet.com/?q=node/100 > > Follow this link to apply: > > http://janestreet.com/apply > > y > > > > -- > Yaron Minsky > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa-roc.inria.fr/wws/info/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs > >