* [Caml-list] [JOB] OCaml Developer at Jane Street
@ 2011-10-25 22:25 Yaron Minsky
From: Yaron Minsky @ 2011-10-25 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Jane Street is looking to hire functional programmers for our offices
in New York, London and Hong Kong.  We're looking for both interns for
this upcoming summer as well as full-time hires.

Jane Street has the largest team of OCaml developers in any industrial
setting, and probably the world's largest OCaml codebase. We use OCaml
for running our entire business, supporting everything from
statistical research to systems administration to automated trading
systems.  If you're interested in using OCaml to solve real-world
problems, there's no better place.

Jane Street has (in my humble opinion) a great work environment.  It
has a very informal feel --- if you dress much nicer than a t-shirt in
jeans, you'll look out of place --- but it's also an intellectually
challenging place where you get to wrestle with hard problems and
learn about the subject matter of trading, a fascinating field in its
own right.  There's also a strong focus on education, with both on the
job training and a system of formal classes.

We also have a strong commitment to OCaml and to open-source software.
We released our Core suite of libraries a few years back, and we
continue to extend the reach of our public releases.  And we have and
will continue to financially support projects to improve the OCaml
ecosystem.

Compensation is more than competitive, and no prior experience with
finance is required.

Here are some resources you can use to learn more about Jane Street
and what we do.

- A talk I gave at CMU about how and why we use OCaml
  <http://ocaml.janestreet.com/?q=node/61>
- Our technical blog: <http://ocaml.janestreet.com>

If you want to get a flavor of our approach to software, you might be
interested in looking at Async, a monadic concurrency library we just
released:

  http://ocaml.janestreet.com/?q=node/100

Follow this link to apply:

  http://janestreet.com/apply

Yaron Minsky

* Re: [Caml-list] [JOB] OCaml Developer at Jane Street
@ 2011-10-25 22:29 ` Yaron Minsky
From: Yaron Minsky @ 2011-10-25 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list