It's an excellent question, and one I don't yet have a good feel for. It would be great to find some kind of modus vivendi which would allow the libraries to interoperate. For now, it hasn't been too big of an issus, since the external libraries we've needed haven't been Lwt-based. But it would be nice to solve the problem nonetheless. y On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:18 AM, wrote: > > As an aside, we use lots of OCaml libraries developed outside our walls: > > RES, PCRE, Lacaml, Postgres bindings and OUnit and xml-light, to name > some > > off the top of my head. > > What if someday you want to use an external library that uses lwt ? > Will it be possible to mix the two ? > Since this kind of monadic library can easily impose its behavior on all > other library around (if for nothing else than the exception mechanism > to use), I have the feeling that for us mere users choosing between lwt > and async is to choose between two large sets of incompatible libraries, > am I wrong ? > > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa-roc.inria.fr/wws/info/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs > >