It's OK, you still have C++, Python and Go for all your correctness needs. Good luck with that. On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 6:38 AM, yoann padioleau wrote: > Apparently OCaml disappeared from list of languages: > https://voleon.simplicant.com/jobs/18439/detail > > > hmm > > > On Sep 29, 2015, at 9:54 PM, Charles Weitzer wrote: > > Voleon Capital Management LP is a startup quantitative hedge fund located > in Berkeley, California. We would like to hire a senior software engineer > as soon as possible. > > Voleon’s founders previously worked together at one of the most successful > quantitative hedge funds in the world. Our CEO has a PhD in Computer > Science from Stanford and has been CEO and founder of a successful Internet > infrastructure startup. Our Chief Investment Officer has a PhD in > Statistics from Berkeley. Voleon’s team includes PhD's from leading > departments in statistics, computer science, and mathematics. We have made > several unpublished advances in the field of machine learning and in other > areas as well. > > Here is our formal job description: > > ********************************************************** > > * Senior Software Engineer * > > Technology-driven investment firm employing cutting-edge > statistical machine learning techniques seeks an exceptionally capable > software engineer. You will architect and implement new production trading > systems, machine learning infrastructure, data integration pipelines, > and large-scale storage systems. The firm researches and deploys systematic > trading strategies designed to generate attractive returns without being > dependent on the performance of the overall market. > > Join a team of under 30 people that includes a Berkeley statistics > professor as well as over ten PhD's from Berkeley, Chicago, CMU, Princeton, > Stanford, and UCLA, led by the founder and CEO of a successful Internet > infrastructure technology firm. The firm’s offices are walking distance > from BART and the UC Berkeley campus in downtown Berkeley, California. We > have a casual and collegial office environment, weekly catered lunches, and > competitive benefits packages. > > We seek candidates with a proven track record of writing > correct, well-designed software, solving hard problems, and delivering > complex projects on time. You should preferably have experience designing > and implementing fault-tolerant distributed systems. Experience with > building large-scale data infrastructure, stream processing systems, > or latency-sensitive programs is a bonus. > > We are growing rapidly. Willingness to take initiative and a > gritty determination to productize are essential. > > Required experience: > - developing with OCaml/C/C++/Python/Go in a Linux environment with a > focus on performance, concurrency, and correctness. > - working in TCP/IP networking, multi-threading, and server development. > - working with common Internet protocols (IP, TCP/UDP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, > SNMP, etc.). > - architecting and designing highly available systems. > - architecting and designing large-scale data management infrastructure. > - working in large codebases and building modular, manageable code. > > Preferred experience: > - debugging and performance profiling, including the use of tools such > as strace, valgrind, gdb, tcpdump, etc. > - working with build and test automation tools. > - working with well-defined change management processes. > - diagnosing RDBMS performance problems, exploiting indexing, using > EXPLAIN PLAN, optimizing at the code layer, etc. > - working with messaging queues (RabbitMQ, Redis, etc.) as well > as distributed caching systems. > > Interest in financial applications is essential, but experience in > finance is not a primary factor in our hiring. > > Benefits and compensation are highly competitive. > ********************************************************** > The above job description is just a starting point in terms of possible > duties and seniority. We can be very flexible for the right person. > > If you are interested, please apply on our website with your full and > complete CV: http://voleon.com/apply/ > > The Voleon Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are > considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, > age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic > information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited > by local, state, or federal law. > > >