From: Florent Monnier <monnier.florent@gmail.com>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Cc: "Török Edwin" <edwin+ml-ocaml@etorok.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:05:25 +0100	[thread overview]

2013/03/08, Török Edwin wrote:
> On 03/08/2013 08:27 PM, Florent Monnier wrote:
>>> [...] http://lists.ocaml.org/, to improve their visibility, [...]
>>
>> What would you think about creating an ocaml-opengl mailing list too?
>> (for generic ocaml/opengl)
>>
>> Most camelers are not interested by the topic, so we could post more
>> things about it there without fear of annoying other people.
>>

> Would OpenGL discussions be so high volume?
> I don't remember seeing (m)any OpenGL related discussions since I've joined
> this ML.

If the ML would exist (at least I) would maybe post more things.
And maybe even things that are related to the "details" category, that
would for sure not fit the main ML.

> Or is it about trying to unify the various existing OpenGL bindings?

I don't know which direction to take, trying to unify them, take one
and make it evolve, start something new from scratch, reuse something
from another programming language...
I would be pleased to get opinions from other people that care about
this topic without anoying the others.

Also, more important (IMO) about OpenGL version handling, this could
be done in several ways.

I don't know if such a discussion would grow or not. Maybe I would be
the only one in it, or maybe other people would have something to say.
In case it could grow this would not fit the main ML IMHO.