* [Caml-list] Designing a (functional) multi-agent simulation -- illusion of paralellism
@ 2014-06-09 14:24 O Frolovs
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: O Frolovs @ 2014-06-09 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Hello

I am trying to write a predator-prey simulator and I have hit the wall with
functional design. I would appreciate any help or pointers to relevant
literature.

The simulator is that of a world populated with fish and sharks. It is a
discrete-time multi-agent simulation and what I am struggling to think
about is how to implement the illusion of parallelism in simulation. Since
the problem is not specifically with OCaml (but the simulator is in OCaml),
I have kept this email short and put all the details and the code on GitHub:

"On the subject of Toroidal Planets, Sharks and Fish."
https://gist.github.com/olliefr/fb26ca3a7645dae7e203

It's only a hobby project, but it is of some interest to me, so I would
really appreciate any advice.

Best regards,

Ollie