From: Martin DeMello <martindemello@gmail.com>
To: Martin Jambon <martin.jambon@ens-lyon.org>
	Edouard Evangelisti <edouardevangelisti@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] using a restricted subset of a polymorphic variant
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 12:14:21 -0700	[thread overview]

Thanks all! I was trying to express the fact that heading could only be `Up
or `Down but should act as a direction otherwise; Romain is right that I
was expecting the coercion to happen automatically (too much time in other
languages :)). Annotating

val mutable heading : [`Up | `Down] = `Up

and then coercing it when I pass it as a direction worked nicely.

martin