* [Caml-list] Sending the OCaml Weekly News on this list
@ 2019-08-27  8:33 Alan Schmitt
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2019-08-27  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

For a while now I've been compiling news about OCaml in a weekly
summary
with content from this list, from the discuss forum, and from the
planet
RSS aggregator. You can find archives of the letter here
http://alan.petitepomme.net/cwn/index.html. As most of the
discussions
now happen on the discuss forum, I was wondering if it would make
sense
to also post this summary on this list, or if it would be
redundant.

Best,

Alan

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [Caml-list] Sending the OCaml Weekly News on this list
@ 2019-08-27 15:20 ` SP
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: SP @ 2019-08-27 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'd be up to see this posted here too :)

* Re: [Caml-list] Sending the OCaml Weekly News on this list
@ 2019-08-27 20:56 ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2019-08-27 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Alan,

I'm subscribed to the feed but personally wouldn't mind unsubscribing from it and getting it from the caml-list.

Another advantage would be to have them indexed by https://inbox.ocaml.org which works really well to search the caml-list archive. It's not rare for me to use the weekly news as a first filter to hit back an interesting discussion as I know those must be there. So I wouldn't mind having your posts a search box away. Maybe your mailman archives could even be uploaded in that system, but I don't know the technical details of this.

And by the way thanks for all these years of OCaml chronicling. Your longevity and the attention you put in the task is outstanding.

Best,

Daniel

* Re: [Caml-list] Sending the OCaml Weekly News on this list
@ 2019-08-27 21:06 ` Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2019-08-27 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Alan,

I would apperciate to have these condensed News here on the list.

Ciao,
  Oliver

* Re: [Caml-list] Sending the OCaml Weekly News on this list
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-08-27 21:12 ` Martin DeMello
From: Martin DeMello @ 2019-08-27 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

That sounds like a nice idea to me! I would like to see them on the list.

martin

@ 2019-08-28  7:33   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2019-08-28  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)