Hi, The Ocsigen team is going to release Eliom 6 next week, which focuses on mobile apps. We will also release Ocsigen Start, a template with an example of multi platform application: a single code for both your Web app and mobile html5 apps (Android, iOS, Windows). If you want to see an example, download the Be Sport app on Google Play or Apple app store and have a look at the Web app. They are all using Eliom 6 and Ocsigen Start. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.besport.www.mobile https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/besport/id1104216922 It is not native code but the performance are good (even if we have some problems on iOS, Apple's webview being very buggy). And this technique requires to write only one code for all your apps (even with server side generated pages for the Web version!). Ocsigen Start will be released probably next week (we are polishing the documentation) but is mature enough for large applications (as you can see with Be Sport). We are also using the Cordova bindings by Danny Willems, for some features. Vincent Balat Le ven. 25 nov. 2016 16:46, Dario Teixeira a écrit : > Hi, > > On 2016-11-24 17:10, Sébastien Hinderer wrote: > > > Making it possible (easier) to cross-compile OCaml programs is one of > > the outcomes the work I am doing with Gallium (the team developping > > OCaml at Inria) is supposed to have. I am not sure yet how this can > > impact the production of Android apps, but as far as iOS apps are > > concerned, one thing I am supposed to work on is the integration of > > Gerd's pull request (can someone find the number?) which has been > > stored > > in the ios-support branch of the OCaml repository on GitHub. > > > > This should make it possible to cross-compile OCaml programs which can > > then be executed on iOS devices. > > > > One other question will then be whether such programs can somehow use > > all the application frameworks provided by Apple. > > Thanks for the reply. That last point is crucial: without convenient > access to all the APIs, being able to cross-compile to iOS is not very > useful, at least to me. Moreover, there's still the problem of cross > platform access to those fancy APIs. > > > > Regarding Android I don't know how helpful OCamljava could be but it > > might be worth investigating. > > Were Android the sole target, OCaml-java would be a contender. However, > I would like for the same program to be used both in Android and iOS, > with minimal (or zero) need to write platform-specific stubs to access > the various APIs. > > Kind regards, > Dario Teixeira > > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >