Dear List, A couple of weeks ago we "benchmarked" an ocaml event where people would gather and share coding tips and techniques while working on a community tool for OCaml. We were 3 friends, and we released baoug.org (you haven't solved any problems yet ? Come on :) !) While being extremely basic, this website is a ground for further improvements, such as : - Typing, benchmarking of code on client side (live toplevel, so that people can experiment ocaml without installing anything) - Tutorials to explain what notions are required to solve a problem (terminal recursion?) - Sample solutions with a lot of details about a precise implementation (using immutable structures leads to a more performant code, why?) - Chaining problems, to aggregate them in "lessons" - Support for other languages (haskell?) - Syntax highlightning - and many more features, come up with suggestions ! We also need to investigate a bug that prevents the challenges to display correctly on old versions of iceweasel and safari. The idea behind this website is to aggregate ocaml resources in a fun, community-driven and friendly manner. You agree :) ? So, what about joining us the 19th of August ? We'll be located somewhere downtown San Francisco, but remote contributors are more that welcome too (we'll set up whatever tool is best for this). We'll start around 4pm but you can join at anytime; (including during the week end, as the event will probably last long .. :)) If you're interested, please send me an email and / or join the discussion on the dedicated group : http://groups.google.com/group/baoug Who's in ? Many thanks William PS : if some SF people have children and are willing to join, we can organize a visit of the natural history museum or a good time on the beach for them! -- William Le Ferrand Mobile : (+1) (415) 683-1484 Web : http://williamleferrand.github.com/