* [Caml-list] OpenGL and LWT
@ 2014-03-15 17:37 Richard Neswold
From: Richard Neswold @ 2014-03-15 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

What would be the appropriate way to use LWT and LabGL together?

My gut feeling would be to have the core model and logic to be LWT with a 'detached' thread executing the OpenGL main loop. The thread would get events through the reactive module and would update the display accordingly.

The problem is I'm still trying to wrap my head around LWT and I'm not sure a detached thread can participate with the LWT environment it was spawned from. It appears the detached thread is supposed to do something and eventually return a value.

Is the correct approach to use a detached thread to make the individual OpenGL calls?

Any recommendations or resources on the subject would be appreciated.

--
Rich