Dear OCaml users and developers, The description of Gc.finalise (as can be seen, for example, at http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/libref/Gc.html), contains the following statement: > The results of calling String.make , Bytes.make , Bytes.create , Array.make , and ref are guaranteed to be heap-allocated and non-constant *_except when the length argument is 0*_ [emphasis mine]. The reason I find it confusing is that ref does not take, a "length argument." My semi-educated guess is that the intended meaning is something like, "If the length argument of a call to String.make, Bytes.make, Bytes.create, or Array.make is not 0, the result is guaranteed to be heap-allocated and non-constant. The result of a call to ref is [always] guaranteed to be heap-allocated and non-constant." Could someone either confirm my guess or tell me that I am mistaken? Also, if my guess is, in fact, accurate, what's the best way to add my suggested revision to the "to consider for inclusion into the next version of the manual" list? Thank you in advance! -- Best, Zhenya