Amir, Thanks for your response! We are already using OCaml in production! I will submit a PR later this week. Trevor On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Amir Chaudhry wrote: > Is the company already using OCaml? If so, would you be able to submit a > PR to the Companies page on ocaml.org [1, 2]? > > The description just needs to be brief and it's better to mention > where/how OCaml is being used. You can look through the other examples to > get an idea of what to include. > > [1] https://ocaml.org/learn/companies.html > [2] https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/blob/master/site/learn/companies.md > > Thanks, > Amir > > On 7 Apr 2015, at 15:56, Trevor Smith wrote: > > > Sorry for the double post -- I forgot to include: we are based in > Baltimore and NYC. We are plan on mostly building our tech team in NYC but > are happy to hire for both offices. > > > > Trevor > > > > On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Trevor Smith > wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > I recently started at Pegged Software, an early stage company looking to > transform and equalize how people are hired. We're hiring engineers! I am > thrilled to be working on a mission doing social good, and to have the > opportunity to build out a team that will use, and contribute to, OCaml. I > have pasted the pain-text job description below and have a pdf version > here: > https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-bucket-pegged/PeggedEngineeringPost.pdf > > > > Excited to hear from you. > > > > Trevor > > > > Software Engineer > > ------------------------- > > > > Pegged is seeking passionate, collaborative, entrepreneurial engineers > to help us transform and equalize how people are hired. We’re a small, > early-stage, high-growth company that cares about producing a valuable > product, growing together and using the right tool for the job. If this > sounds like you, please contact us at jobs+engineering@peggedsoftware.com. > We’re hiring at all levels of experience. > > > > Pegged Software is fixing how people get hired. We do this by applying > modern data science to build predictive models that match individuals with > roles where they can excel. We use traditional application data in some > very innovative ways, and we’ve built our own data-gathering platforms in > the form of applicant screenings. We’ve started by focusing our technology > on the healthcare industry, and plan on expanding to other industries, and > then to a direct-to-consumer product that will help individuals and > companies find one another. > > > > At the hospitals we work with, employee turnover is a major problem. > This churn costs our clients thousands of dollars that could be better > spent improving patient care. We’ve reduced employee turnover at our client > hospitals by 45 to 75 percent, which has resulted in improved patient > experience, company performance, and employee engagement. > > > > This is just the beginning of a revolution in how employers use data to > make better HR decisions, and how individuals are able to find fulfilling > work beyond the bounds of bias. We have doubled in size over the last > year, just completed a $7.5M round of financing, and are growing even more > quickly in 2015. > > > > What We Believe In > > ------------------------- > > * Empathy with one another and our users. Inclusiveness, communication > and collaboration are core tenets of how we work. > > > * Contribution to the open source community. We are built on open > source technologies and we give back. > > > * Small feedback loops are critical to developing product and > technology. > > > * Ownership gives individuals the agency to grow, and aligns outcomes. > > > > > > What We Use > > ------------------- > > We are pragmatic and use whatever tool is best to get the job done. That > being said, we most enjoy programming in OCaml on top of AWS, and make use > of Python to glue things together. > > > > Responsibilities > > --------------------- > > * Write server-side code for web-based applications and APIs. > > > * Create robust high-volume production applications and develop > prototypes quickly. > > > * Work with Data Scientists to create a data pipeline that supports > offline analysis, and online experimentation. > > * Write automation code to deploy, monitor and alert to support your > application. > > > > > Must Have > > --------------- > > * An entrepreneurial mindset -- you have a track record of easily > learning new technologies. You are a self-directed learner who can adapt > quickly to new tools to solve problems. > > * A demonstrated ability to produce and support quality production code. > > * Excellent communication skills. > > > * A collaborative approach to working on a team. > > > * A passion about making the world a better place. > > > > > Nice to Have > > ------------------ > > * Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) > > * Experience with OCaml or functional programming in any environment > > * Experience building highly available, fault tolerant systems > * > Experience building a data pipeline (bonus points for knowing about the > Lambda Architecture). > > > > > Perks > > -------- > > * The mission, the people and the work. > > - The mission: work on a project that is making the world a better > place. > > - The people: work for a high growth company, and learn in an > environment where people care about growth and work/life balance. > > - The work: pragmatically use amazing technology. > > * Competitive salary, benefits and equity. > > > > > > >