From: Kakadu <kakadu.hafanana@gmail.com>
To: Paolo Donadeo <p.donadeo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Lablqt
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:27:58 +0000	[thread overview]

Paolo,

At the moment I have tested main use case of C++ in QtQuick:
implementing business logic which expected to work fast.

I can name three limitations:

1) If you need complex GUI control (that doesn't suit well into
QtQuick paradigm) you will probably need to implement it in C++ by
subclassing QQuickItem. The only example of this I have seen is pie
chart using QPainter from Qt Docs.
Reason: I don't clearly understand when this complex controls are
needed. QML itself is rather powerful one.

2) At this moment startup process is a little bit hardcoded in one C++
function. i.e. some features are unavailable. It was made for
simplicity but I don't see any theoretical reason against rewriting it
in more verbose way in 1 weekend.

3) I have working demo with main GUI thread and some OCaml threads
that do some work and report changes in main thread. It seems that it
works OK but I'm not sure what will happen if we construct more
interesting examples.

Kind regards,
Kakadu