I tried to hack stack size with setting OCAMLRUNPARAM (1). 250k was not enough but compiler worked a little bit longer, imho happy hacking, Kakadu (1) https://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/runtime.html On Feb 18, 2017 1:32 PM, "Daniel de Rauglaudre" < daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr> wrote: On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 08:49:12AM +0000, Leo White wrote: > As Gabriel said, it is probably just camlp5 being expensive to compile > and spacetime tipping it over the edge. Have you tried increasing the > stack size limit? Hmmm... perhaps I could test this bug by decreasing my stack size limit on my computer? The example given seems to show a problem with the file meta/q_MLast.ml which indeed contains a statement EXTEND which generates a rather long OCaml expression. Strange that this problem does not occur with ocaml_src/meta/q_MLast.ml which is a pretty printed version of the same file (for Camlp5 cold stard). I could try to split this EXTEND into several parts to make OCaml not having to use so much memory? BTW, how to show one's stack size limit (Linux) and change it? -- Daniel de Rauglaudre http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/ -- Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs