Hello -- I have several ocamlbuild plugins that are very similar and I'm trying to figure out how to refactor them. I pulled out a bunch of definitions into another file (coq_paths.ml) and then said 'open Coq_paths' in ' myocamlbuild.ml'. But when I do this, ocamlbuild can no longer build the plugin, not even if foo.cmo already exists in the _build directory. After hacking on this for a long time (and digging through the ocamlbuild sources) I found that you can write a Makefile that will build myocamlbuild.cmo using ocamlbuild without a plugin, and then manually link this against ocamlbuild.cmo and to produce a custom version of ocamlbuild that uses the plugin (this is exactly what ocamlbuild does). My question is: 'is there any nicer way to do this?' I'm including my Makefile below: OCAMLBUILDDIR=$(shell ocamlfind query ocamlbuild) all: _build/coq_builder @ ./_build/coq_builder -no-plugin coq.otarget _build/coq_builder: myocamlbuild.ml coq_paths.ml @ echo "building builder...." @ ocamlbuild -cflags -I,`ocamlfind query ocamlbuild` -no-plugin myocamlbuild.cmo @ ocamlc.opt unix.cma -I $(OCAMLBUILDDIR) $(OCAMLBUILDDIR)/ocamlbuildlib.cma \ _build/coq_paths.cmo _build/myocamlbuild.cmo \ $(OCAMLBUILDDIR)/ocamlbuild.cmo -o _build/coq_builder @ echo "done" clean: ocamlbuild -clean Thanks in advance. -- gregory malecha http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~gmalecha/