From: Jesper Louis Andersen <jesper.louis.andersen@gmail.com>
To: Helmut Brandl <helmut.brandl@gmx.net>, caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Performance penalty for using monad
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:24:08 +0000	[thread overview]

It was some time ago, but I was toying with an encoder/decoder for the
"Transit" format (of Clojure/Cognitect fame). That decoder used monads
heavily as well, and flambda provided roughly an order of magnitude speedup
(and a lower GC pressure as well in addition). It was enough that I made a
mental note of using flambda if this ever went into a system with high
throughput requirements.