* [Caml-list] Upcoming OCaml Users in PariS meetups: 10/29 and 12/09
@ 2014-10-22 19:15 Thomas Braibant
From: Thomas Braibant @ 2014-10-22 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

(English version below)

J'ai le plaisir d'annoncer les deux prochaines rencontres OUPS:
- le 29 octobre (la semaine prochaine!), nous organisons une Hacking
Session impromptue à l'IRILL, à 19h. Plus de détails sont disponibles
ici [1]
- le 9 décembre, nous organisons un meetup "normal". Le programme des
exposés sera disponible prochainement ici [2]. Si vous souhaitez faire
une présentation, n'hésitez pas à me contacter!

(English version)

The next OUPS meetings will take place on the following dates:
- the 29th of october (next week!), we will have a compiler hacking
session at IRILL, starting at 7pm. More details are available here [1]
 - the 9th of december, we will have a "regular" OUPS meetup. The
program will soon be available here [2]. If you would like to give a
talk, feel free to send me an email!

[1] http://www.meetup.com/ocaml-paris/events/215013812/
[2] http://www.meetup.com/ocaml-paris/events/215017872/

Thomas Braibant

* Re: [Caml-list] Upcoming OCaml Users in PariS meetups: 10/29 and 12/09
@ 2014-10-28 10:13 ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2014-10-28 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Relatedly, people may be interested in a "Functional programmers
meetup" that will happen in Paris on Thursday 30th as part of the Open
World Forum:
  http://www.openworldforum.paris/fr/tracks/functional-programmers-paris
  http://www.openworldforum.paris/en/

The still-in-progress schedule starts at 5pm (17h) with the following
talks planned:

> - Robert Pickering, "Expression Oriented programming in F#".
> - Arnaud Wetzel, "Erlang/Elixir Programmez votre OS orienté service".
> - Roberto di Cosmo, "Using Preferences to Tame your Package Manager"
> - Gabriel Scherer, "on the recent evolutions of the OCaml language"
> - Mathieu Boespflug, "Programming R in Haskell”.
> - Jeff Esptein, (Cloud-Haskell co-designer) TBD.

(You probably won't learn much OCaml-wise if you have attended OUPS
before, but it's always nice to have a venue to discuss with the
neighboring communities.)