* [Caml-list] [ANN] IOCamlJS v0.1
@ 2014-02-25 22:02 Andy Ray
From: Andy Ray @ 2014-02-25 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

https://github.com/andrewray/iocamljs

IOCamlJS runs a (compiled-to-javascript) OCaml REPL in the IPython
notebook. stdout and stderr are redirected to the notebook interface
so printf works as expected. The js_of_ocaml and lwt syntax extensions
are enabled.

Only a small API for interacting with the notebook is provided by
iocamljs at the moment; js_of_ocaml provides far greater
possibilities.

The demo notebook js_of_ocaml-webgl-demo.ipynb provides a good example
of what can be done. Its an almost direct copy of the js_of_ocaml
WebGL demo except the 3d model, shader code, ocaml code and html code
are all embedded in the notebook and can be compiled and run live in
the browser.

Nothing needs to be (re)compiled for it to run - so long as you have a
IPython 1.1 installed the github repo has everything you need.  It
might even run on Windows....(I haven't tried but why not?!).

Cheers,

Andy

PS I have only tested with IPython 1.1 and the way it hacks the
ipython kernel I wouldn't recommend a different version for now.

* [Caml-list] Fwd: [ANN] IOCamlJS v0.1
@ 2014-02-25 22:38 ` Andy Ray
From: Andy Ray @ 2014-02-25 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It might even run on Windows....(I haven't tried but why not?!).

Why not indeed.  Get IPython from here;

https://www.enthought.com/products/epd/free/

Chrome or Firefox would be best - IE does work but the notebook isn't
looking totally right.