List, I was wondering if there was any obstruction to the removal of the "let" keyword in a syntax for coreML. My reasoning is that because everytime there is a "let" there is also an "=" sign, we could completely remove the "let" and use the "=" sign instead to identify new symbol introductions. x = 1 s = function x -> x + 1 d = s 1 o = function f g -> function x -> f (g x) The only cases to handle would be - comparison "=" sign : replaced by "==" - let rec : could be ignored or replaced by something else like "=|" - equational style 'let f x y = x + y' : forbid Does anyone see anything that could prevent this from being done ? Diego Olivier