Caml-list, Xavier Leroy wrote > Compiling to bytecode is probably overkill. I think that writing my own bytecode interpreter is looking for trouble. Same for compiling to an existing bytecode. The language being a kind of SQL, most of the work is to properly execute the comprehensions (= queries). For instance range numbers = 0 .. 100; {int} sqrtLessThan [k in numbers] = { x | x in numbers : x * x <= k }; There are smarter ways to implement this than a double loop I was rather thinking of translating on-the-fly into Caml code and letting Caml do the job. Is that technically possible (rewriting a toplevel ? a CamlP4 grammar ?). If so guess I would have to license the Caml compiler from the INRIA. Diego Olivier