* [Caml-list] meetup OCaml-Pairs (OUPS), mercredi 9 octobre à l'IRILL
@ 2013-09-27 11:43 Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2013-09-27 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

A short message in French, to give the program of the next OCaml-Paris
meetup, on Wednesday,Octobre 9, at 19:30 at IRILL :

La prochaine rencontre du Meetup OCaml-Paris (OUPS) aura lieu le
mercredi 9 octobre à l'IRILL, comme d'habitude.

Au programme, à partir de 19h30 :
* Romain Bardou : "Procord: une librairie portable pour déléguer des
calculs à d’autres processus"
* Xavier Clerc : "Nouveautés dans OCamlJava"
* Jane Street : "Jenga: towards a correct and scalable build system"
* Adrien Nader : "Mieux comprendre et utiliser le binding LablGTK"

Nous aurons cette fois deux sponsors pour le pot qui suivra, Jane
Street et Lexifi !

Inscrivez-vous nombreux !

http://www.meetup.com/ocaml-paris/events/140667882/
--
Fabrice LE FESSANT
Chercheur en Informatique

* Re: [Caml-list] meetup OCaml-Pairs (OUPS), mercredi 9 octobre à l'IRILL
@ 2013-09-27 12:40 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2013-09-27 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Fabrice.Le_fessant@inria.fr writes:

> * Jane Street : "Jenga: towards a correct and scalable build system"

I've been searching my mail archives and I could not find an official
announcement of Jenga (it was alluded to in the announcement of Core
Suite 109.11, then mentioned in further announcements and in the
ocamlbuild thread of late July). I had a look at the examples in the
github repository, and it looks like a very verbose way of writing
dependencies (see for instance
https://github.com/janestreet/jenga/blob/master/examples/hello/JengaRoot.ml).

I'm sure I'm missing the motivation behind this new build system. How
does it compare to the existing ones?

Thanks,

Alan

* Re: [Caml-list] meetup OCaml-Pairs (OUPS), mercredi 9 octobre à l'IRILL
@ 2013-09-27 15:03   ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2013-09-27 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

My understanding is that this OUPS meeting is precisely intended to
coincide with an "official annoucement" of the system, so I would recommend
waiting for a couple more weeks before looking at the system (surely they
have polishing planned before that) and discussing it.

I would tend to agree with your implicit remark about unclear project
status (internal/external, announced/secret, released/experimental) in the
general case; but I understand that everyone is free to handle their
project as they deem acceptable. I'm personally fine with waiting a bit --
and this is still better than ocp-build or ocaml-java.

@ 2013-09-27 21:38     ` Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2013-09-27 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gabriel,

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Gabriel Scherer
<gabriel.scherer@gmail.com> wrote:
> deem acceptable. I'm personally fine with waiting a bit -- and this is still
> better than ocp-build or ocaml-java.

I don't understand what you mean exactly by this remark on ocp-build.
Could you clarify ?
--Fabrice