From: Fabrice Le Fessant <Fabrice.Le_fessant@inria.fr>
To: Dario Teixeira <darioteixeira@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OCaml Forge and Github
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 17:53:32 -0400	[thread overview]

Do you know if there is support for GIT on OCaml Forge ?

If such a support exists, you can just convert your SVN repo to GIT on
OCaml Forge, and mirror your new repo on GitHub. You can then decide
for example to work on the GIT repo of GitHub, and have a script
automatically update and push any modification on GitHub to OCaml
Forge. Git makes having several such repos very easy to administrate
and synchronise.

--Fabrice

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Dario Teixeira <darioteixeira@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a number of projects hosted on the OCaml Forge (thank you Sylvain!),
> and the hosting includes the Subversion repository for each project.  It is,
> however, harder and harder to resist the allure of Github, particularly when
> people sending me patches explicitly mention they would prefer to interact
> through it.  I have no complaints about the Forge, though, and I find it a
> very useful service.  However, I would of course also like to accommodate
> the Github crowd.
>
> My default approach would be to convert and migrate the SVN repos to Github,
> keeping on the Forge only the webpage, file releases, and news.  But I'm
> curious: how did other projects deal with this situation?  Is there some other
> approach the community would find preferable?
>
> Thanks for your time + best regards,
> Dario Teixeira
>

> --

Fabrice LE FESSANT
Chercheur en Informatique
INRIA Paris Rocquencourt -- OCamlPro
Programming Languages and Distributed Systems