* [Caml-list] [ANN][BETA] Self-containted OCaml distribution for Windows
@ 2014-10-07 20:21 Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2014-10-07 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

  We are pleased to announce the first beta release of our
self-contained OCaml distribution for Windows, "ocpwin-distrib". The
binary installer (71M) for ocpwin-distrib is available on:

https://github.com/OCamlPro/ocpwin-distrib

(read the README.md file).

"ocpwin-distrib" is an attempt at providing a self-contained
distribution of OCaml (currently, ocaml-4.01.0 + mingw + flexlink +
ocp-build) that does not need Cygwin to be used.

With this version (only 64-bit for now), you should be able to
install ocpwin-distrib in a directory you choose, and then start a
Windows command prompt (cmd) where all OCaml commands (except
ocamlbuild) should immediatly be available, both to compile in
bytecode and native code.

To provide a replacement for ocamlbuild, we provide both ocp-build and
a new '-make' option in ocamlc/ocamlopt that can be used to build
executable, libraries and pack files (see the documentation in the git
repo). omake should work as well, but is not yet provided.

You can use the Github issue tracker to fill a report on any bug you
find in this version.

Fabrice, for the OCamlPro team
--
OCamlPro
* On-demand Development in OCaml

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN][BETA] Self-containted OCaml distribution for Windows
@ 2014-10-08 20:46 ` Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2014-10-08 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just as a complement, we just pushed a new release fixing two issues:
- OCPWin now supports both 32 bits and 64 bits Windows platforms
- We clarified the license : you can freely redistribute significant
derivative works under your terms (commercial or non-commercial), as
long as you don't redistribute OCaml compiler parts (ocamlc/ocamlopt,
compiler-libs).

Fabrice, for the OCamlPro team
--
OCamlPro
* On-demand Development in OCaml
* Tools for Software Development in OCaml
* Training and Consulting
http://www.ocamlpro.com/

--
Fabrice LE FESSANT