Could you fill an issue on Mantis ? It's clearly a bug... A file in the index should never be in the .gitignore. --Fabrice On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 8:06 AM Kenichi Asai wrote: > Why is /otherlibs/systhreads/thread.ml listed in .gitignore in the > OCaml distribution (or in the github repository)? Because of this, > when I make a local git repository from the OCaml source and clone it > to somewhere else, I get an error when I do "make world" because of > the missing thread.ml file. Is it safe to remove the line from > .gitignore? > > Peculiarly, when I modify thread.ml, "git status" reports that the > file is modified, even though it is listed in .gitignore. I might not > understand the behavior of .gitignore quite right. > > I found the following files exist and match .gitignore: > > .depend > /otherlibs/systhreads/thread.ml > testsuite/tests/asmcomp/mips.s > testsuite/tests/opaque/intf/opaque_impl.mli > testsuite/tests/opaque/intf/opaque_intf.mli > testsuite/tests/opaque/intf/regular.mli > > -- > Kenichi Asai > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >