* [Caml-list] [ANN] Spoc: GPGPU programming with OCaml
@ 2013-06-25 13:39 Mathias Bourgoin
From: Mathias Bourgoin @ 2013-06-25 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello list,

I would like to present you a set of tools for GPGPU programming with OCaml.

I developed the SPOC library that enables the detection and use of GPGPU
devices with OCaml using Cuda and OpenCL. I also developed a camlp4
syntax extension to handle external Cuda or OpenCL kernels as well as a
DSL to express GPGPU kernels from the OCaml code.

http://www.algo-prog.info/spoc

This work is a big part of my PhD thesis and was partially funded by the
opengpu project. I'm currently in the UPMC-LIP6 laboratory where I'm
supervised by Pr. E. Chailloux and Pr. J-L Lamotte.

SPOC has been presented several times and the slides and the papers
references are on our website if you want more information about it.
It has currently been tested on multiple architectures and systems,
mostly 64-bit Linux and 64-bit OSX systems. It should work with Windows
too (I tested it successfully last year with Windows 7...).

To be able to use SPOC, you'll need a computer capable of running OCaml
(obviously) but also compatible with either OpenCL or Cuda.
For Cuda you only need a current proprietary NVidia driver while for
OpenCL you need to install the correct OpenCL implementation for your
system.
SPOC should compile anyway as everything is dynamically linked, but
you'll need Cuda/OpenCL eventually to run your programs.

SPOC currently lacks a real tutorial, it comes with some examples and I
strongly advise anyone interested to look into the slides and papers on
the website.

By the way, if you are interested and if you are in Paris next week, I
will be presenting SPOC etc. during the "OCaml Users in PariS" (OUPS)
Meetup next Tuesday (July 2) .

I hope to see some of you there and to have some feedback on this work.

Mathias

SPOC : http://www.algo-prog.info/spoc
OpenGPU : http://opengpu.net
OUPS : http://www.meetup.com/ocaml-paris/

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Spoc: GPGPU programming with OCaml
@ 2013-06-26  1:01 ` Francois Berenger
From: Francois Berenger @ 2013-06-26  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 06/25/2013 10:39 PM, Mathias Bourgoin wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I would like to present you a set of tools for GPGPU programming with
> OCaml.
>
> I developed the SPOC library that enables the detection and use of GPGPU
> devices with OCaml using Cuda and OpenCL. I also developed a camlp4
> syntax extension to handle external Cuda or OpenCL kernels as well as a
> DSL to express GPGPU kernels from the OCaml code.
>
> http://www.algo-prog.info/spoc
>
> This work is a big part of my PhD thesis and was partially funded by the
> opengpu project. I'm currently in the UPMC-LIP6 laboratory where I'm
> supervised by Pr. E. Chailloux and Pr. J-L Lamotte.
>
> SPOC has been presented several times and the slides and the papers
> references are on our website if you want more information about it.
> It has currently been tested on multiple architectures and systems,
> mostly 64-bit Linux and 64-bit OSX systems. It should work with Windows
> too (I tested it successfully last year with Windows 7...).
>
> To be able to use SPOC, you'll need a computer capable of running OCaml
> (obviously) but also compatible with either OpenCL or Cuda.
> For Cuda you only need a current proprietary NVidia driver while for
> OpenCL you need to install the correct OpenCL implementation for your
> system.
> SPOC should compile anyway as everything is dynamically linked, but
> you'll need Cuda/OpenCL eventually to run your programs.
>
> SPOC currently lacks a real tutorial, it comes with some examples and I
> strongly advise anyone interested to look into the slides and papers on
> the website.
>

> By the way, if you are interested and if you are in Paris next week, I
> will be presenting SPOC etc. during the "OCaml Users in PariS" (OUPS)
> Meetup next Tuesday (July 2) .

Will there be a video or slides available?

I am a litle bit far away... ;)

@ 2013-06-26 16:32   ` Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2013-06-26 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francois Berenger; +Cc: caml-list