Dear Oliver, just use the Opam package manager for OCaml and you will be fine. -- Roberto Le 18 févr. 2013 08:22, "oliver" a écrit : > Hello, > > any ideas on how to manage multiple OCaml-installations > on one machine, without running into trouble? > > I have 3.11.2 here on my old Ubuntu box. > I built OCaml 4.00, but stopped before the "make install", > because on a target system (a server providing my web stuff) > there also is 3.11.2 installed (older Debian system), and I'm > not root at that system. > > But I want to compile my code there also. > So I may need to develop in two branches for a while > and do merges. > > When I remove my 3.11.2, the testing would need me to work > on the remote machine, when testing the old-branch (the merges). > Possible, but more effort (and network delays are annoying). > > Can more than one OCaml be installed and used in an easy way? > Or should I forget this issue because of "mission impossible" > or because of "that needs too much effort"? > > (I use OCamlMakefile for building my stuff.) > > Any ideas on that? > > > Ciao, > Oliver > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >