* [Caml-list] [ANN] OCaml User Survey 2022
@ 2022-03-01 13:38 Kim Nguyễn
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Kim Nguyễn @ 2022-03-01 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi everyone,

we are delighted to announce the OCaml User Survey 2022. With this survey,
the OCSF is trying to get a better picture of the OCaml community and its
needs.
It would be very helpful if you could take a few minutes (10 to 15) to fill
the survey and share it with other OCaml programmers.

https://forms.gle/oKy2Joz1cZhCPNtf6

The survey is run by the OCaml Software Foundation[1]. It builds on the
previous iteration[2] issued in 2020. The results will be published here on
discuss and on the  website of the OCSF.
We would like to particularly thank @cjr for his help as well as everyone
who commented on the previous survey. We tried our best to take all remarks
into account but surely missed something.
Don't hesitate to give us your feedback (on the discuss thread or by
sending me a message or email).

The survey will remain opened until March 11th 2022 (AOE).

[1] https://ocaml-sf.org/
[2] https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/ann-ocaml-user-survey-2020/6624

Cheers,
--
Kim

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] OCaml User Survey 2022
@ 2022-03-01 13:43 ` Francesco Mecca
From: Francesco Mecca @ 2022-03-01 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am sorry to be that kind of guy but an alternative to using yet another google provided service would have been great.

--
  Francesco Mecca
  me@francescomecca.eu

@ 2022-03-01 13:55   ` Jean-Francois Monin
From: Jean-Francois Monin @ 2022-03-01 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francesco Mecca; +Cc: caml-list

+1.

Best,
JF

On Tue, Mar 01, 2022 at 01:43:00PM +0000, Francesco Mecca wrote:
>    I am sorry to be that kind of guy but an alternative to using yet another
>    google provided service would have been great.
>    --
>      Francesco Mecca
>      [1]me@francescomecca.eu
>    On Tue, Mar 1, 2022, at 13:38, Kim Nguyễn wrote:
>
>      Hi everyone,
>      we are delighted to announce the OCaml User Survey 2022. With this
>      survey, the OCSF is trying to get a better picture of the OCaml
>      community and its needs.
>      It would be very helpful if you could take a few minutes (10 to 15) to
>      fill the survey and share it with other OCaml programmers.
>      [2]https://forms.gle/oKy2Joz1cZhCPNtf6
>      The survey is run by the OCaml Software Foundation[1]. It builds on the
>      previous iteration[2] issued in 2020. The results will be published here
>      on discuss and on the  website of the OCSF.
>      We would like to particularly thank @cjr for his help as well as
>      everyone who commented on the previous survey. We tried our best to take
>      all remarks into account but surely missed something.
>      Don't hesitate to give us your feedback (on the discuss thread or by
>      sending me a message or email).
>      The survey will remain opened until March 11th 2022 (AOE).
>      [1] [3]https://ocaml-sf.org/
>      [2] [4]https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/ann-ocaml-user-survey-2020/6624
>      Cheers,
>      --
>      Kim
>
> References
>
>    Visible links
>    1. mailto:me@francescomecca.eu
>    2. https://forms.gle/oKy2Joz1cZhCPNtf6
>    3. https://ocaml-sf.org/
>    4. https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/ann-ocaml-user-survey-2020/6624

--
Jean-Francois Monin
Verimag
Universite Grenoble Alpes

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] OCaml User Survey 2022
@ 2022-03-07  1:19 ` Yawar Amin
From: Yawar Amin @ 2022-03-07  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I have some feedback on the survey. I appreciate the effort to use
multi-choice answers this year, but restricting the number of choices (at
most 4 choices, at most 3 choices), is not really helpful. Firstly, it's
annoying–we may genuinely think more than just 3 or 4 options are relevant
for the answer, and having to de-select some options to proceed is a
jarring experience. And secondly, it decreases the amount of useful
information that you, the survey conductors, are getting, with no real
benefit or statistical basis. If you allow unlimited choices, you can still
easily add up all the choices and rank by the ones that got the most votes.

Regards,

Yawar

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 8:39 AM Kim Nguyễn <kn@lri.fr> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> we are delighted to announce the OCaml User Survey 2022. With this survey,
> the OCSF is trying to get a better picture of the OCaml community and its
> needs.
> It would be very helpful if you could take a few minutes (10 to 15) to
> fill the survey and share it with other OCaml programmers.
>
> https://forms.gle/oKy2Joz1cZhCPNtf6
>
> The survey is run by the OCaml Software Foundation[1]. It builds on the
> previous iteration[2] issued in 2020. The results will be published here on
> discuss and on the  website of the OCSF.
> We would like to particularly thank @cjr for his help as well as everyone
> who commented on the previous survey. We tried our best to take all remarks
> into account but surely missed something.
> Don't hesitate to give us your feedback (on the discuss thread or by
> sending me a message or email).
>
> The survey will remain opened until March 11th 2022 (AOE).
>
> [1] https://ocaml-sf.org/
> [2] https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/ann-ocaml-user-survey-2020/6624
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Kim

* [Caml-list] OCaml <-> TeXmacs plugin
@ 2022-03-09  9:24 ` Nicolas Ratier
From: Nicolas Ratier @ 2022-03-09  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,
I made a basic OCaml plugin for TeXmacs (http://www.texmacs.org)
I would like to keep it simple, but comments and improvements are welcome.
http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/ocaml-a-basic-ocaml-plugin-for-texmacs/813
Cheers,
Nicolas