On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Gour wrote: > Hello! > > Some years ago I was looking for adequate language for one open-source > project to be done in free time and although I took a look at OCaml, > somehow, I didn't like syntax and went playing with Haskell. > > Never really grokked monads and had feeling that despite nice syntax, > some things are more complicated for pragmatic programming than they > should be. > [shameless plug] If you'd like to revisit monads and learn other cool stuff, have a look at "Functional programming in OCaml" http://www.ii.uni.wroc.pl/~lukstafi/pmwiki/index.php?n=Functional.Functional